The realm of sponsored research is complex and it is useful to understand the general landscape. There are multiple resources available to assist in gaining an understanding of the “rules of thumb” that can be applied to most sponsored research.
This section includes:
- Fundamental Principles – defining the fundamental principals that underlie the University’s policies and practices pertaining to sponsored programs administration.
- Procedures and Guidelines – providing an overarching framework outlining how various rules and regulations are applied to sponsored project.
- Sponsor Guidance – displaying the variety of sponsor expectations and providing links to various sponsor sponsor specific guidelines.
- White papers, Pre-proposals, Letters of Intent – defining the different types of preliminary proposals
- Writing a Successful Application – tips for positive outcomes
- Application Review – describes what reviewers generally look for
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is available to answer general questions regarding sponsored programs and is also available to provide assistance with specifics related to a particular proposal. Please reach out to the Research Administrator assigned to your college/department for assistance.