SUBSCRIPTION RESOURCES (Accessed from any SU computer or while logged on through VPN.)
Experts@Syracuse is a powerful new tool that automatically creates Research Profiles for those who have available Scopus publication data. During our initial implementation of this tool, researchers or scholars from the schools, colleges, and departments that most frequently publish in Scopus journals (i.e. biological, medical, physical, social, and engineering sciences) will be granted log-in access to Experts@Syracuse allowing them to enter additional content to their profile. In addition to the ability to customize their profile, they will have access to a search engine that will identify funding opportunities specifically geared toward their area of expertise. Use the ‘Log into Pure’ at the bottom of the Experts@Syracuse homepage.
- General Tips: Start broad and then narrow your terms. Avoid jargon. Use a variety of filters and terms if you don’t see what you expect.
- To access from a non-SU computer or to sign up for weekly alerts, first sign-up and create your PIVOT account while logged on to an SU computer.
- Use your @syr.edu email account; non-SU emails are inactivated at the end of the academic year.
- Common filters in “Advanced Search”
- Funding Type: Artistic Pursuit, Dissertation or Thesis; Postdoctoral Awards; ; Research
- Requirements: Graduate Student; New faculty/new investigator; PhD/MD/other professional
- Like a search you’ve done? After creating an account and while ‘logged on to your account” you can “Save Search” and then receive weekly updates.
- Want a jump start getting going? Check out frequently requested searches from an SU computer.
- Check regularly and scan for opportunities with deadlines in the near term. Too soon? File away for next year.
- Search Grant makers
PUBLICLY AVAILABLE RESOURCES
Grants.gov is your source to FIND federal grants and other types of financial assistance.
FedBizOpps is your source to find federal contract opportunities.
To focus your search, in the advanced screen – Classification Code, select A- Research and Development and / or U Education and Training Services
FedConnect – Department of Energy