Reminders of NIH Policies on Other Support and on Policies related to Financial Conflicts of Interest and Foreign Components:
The intent of this notice is to remind the extramural community about the need to report foreign activities through documentation of other support, foreign components, and financial conflict of interest to prevent scientific, budgetary, or commitment overlap.
NRSA Stipend Level Increases
NIH has announced increased projected stipend levels for postdoctoral trainees and fellows supported by Kirschstein NRSA awards in FY 2020, ensuring that NRSA stipends are above the $52,704 exemption threshold established under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
See NOT-OD-20-070 for details.
NIH Application Guidance Updates
- Effective for applications due on or after May 25, 2020, FORMS-F application forms must be used.
NIH Biographical Sketch
- The revised forms and instructions are now available at https://grants.nih.gov/grants/forms/biosketch.htm
- Try SciENcv to help you develop your biosketch and automatically format it according to NIH requirements.
NIH Implementation of Dual Use Research of Concern (DURC)
Policy for Institutional Oversight of Life Sciences Dual Use Research of Concern (the Policy) issued on September 24, 2014, NOT-OD-15-017.
- Applies to all New and Renewal awards issued on applications submitted on or after January 25, 2015, and to all non-competing continuation awards issued on or after January 25, 2015.
- Institutions have one year (until September 24, 2015) to establish the necessary infrastructure to come into full compliance with the Policy.