Before you get started with proposal development and submission, you’ll need to make sure that key/ senior personnel (e.g. co-PIs, Co-Investigators, Investigators, etc.) proposed to work on a sponsored project are up to date with all applicable University policies and procedures. OSP reviews every proposal to assure that all named key/ senior personnel are currently eligible and compliant with the relevant University requirements. Please familiarize yourself, and ensure that all key/ senior personnel have read and agreed to the following University requirements before proceeding further with the proposal submission process.
- Principal Investigator (PI) Eligibility
- This guidance informs applicants of the faculty and staff titles that are eligible to serve as a PI or co-PI, and also includes a waiver process.
- Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI) Policy
- This University Policy is required by the federal government as a means to ensure that research will be free from bias and objectivity preserved.
- Intellectual Property Agreement (IPA)
- This agreement form is required by the University for staff and faculty working on externally funded projects. It documents acceptance and understanding of SU policy on Ownership and Management of Intellectual Property.
- Internal Routing and Review Form (IRR)
- This required document is the primary data intake form utilized by OSP. It informs us of such important items as; who is working on the project, what agency are we submitting to, and are all necessary resources and approvals in place to conduct the project.