Federal agency guidance on current and pending (C&P) support is changing:
- NSF – further updated their current and pending support requirements for proposals submitted on or due, and awards made, on or after October 4, 2021.
- NIH – changes impact applications, Just-in-Time submissions, and Research Performance Progress Reports with due dates on or after January 25, 2022.
- Other Federal Agencies – Specific requirements for other agencies may differ. Check the program solicitation for requirements.
Current and Pending Support, also known as Other Support, is a form typically used by federal sponsors to request information for the PI(s) and Key Personnel’s current and pending research projects. Most federal agencies require Current & Pending Support documents to be submitted:
- with the proposal or
- just before an award is issued, and
- if awarded, they may require any changes to be disclosed in progress reports.
When required, please remember to include ALL support including grants, and contracts from all non-U.S. and domestic sources, including internal Syracuse University project support (e.g., CUSE Grants). The format of this requirement varies by sponsor. It is the responsibility of the Investigator/Key Personnel to make sure that all research projects and affiliations are fully disclosed and that the document is completed in its entirety.
Recently the Federal Government has been placing additional scrutiny on foreign influence and the impact to federal research. Please see the Foreign Influence in University Research page on the Office of Research website for additional guidance applicable to Syracuse University researchers. These government concerns around foreign influence have resulted in some federal agencies providing additional guidance on what needs to be included in Current and Pending/Other Support documents. Guidance for the specific agencies can be found on the Other Support/Current & Pending Support page of the Office of Sponsored Programs website. This information will be updated as we learn of new requirements from federal agencies. If you have any questions related to Current and Pending Support being reported at the proposal or just-in-time stage or to report changes to Current and Pending Support at the award stage, please contact your OSP Research Administrator.